Updates, updates

1. The food lady is busy. Working, working, quilting, watching "So You Think You Can Dance" and then working some more.


2. Mabel the wee puppy is doing well: potty training nicely and already knows the basic commands and a couple of tricks. According to Granny, Mabel was such a wee baby at first that she mostly reminded her of a guinea pig. Can't say I'd recommend getting such a young pup, but the people giving Mabel away insisted that she was weaned and wanted the puppies gone.
(old picture)

Pirate Pete (reminder: Pete is my mom and dad's dog, but my parents live a few miles from my brother and my dad is the best cook in the world, so Scary is over there all the time), is apparently born to nurture the young'uns; Uncle Scary says that when Mabel visits Pete he has "unreal amounts of love flowing out of his eye."

You know, I think Uncle Scary might just be the funniest person I know. Maybe I could get him to write a little guest blog about how Mabel is doing now.

3. Not only does Scary have a third dog now, my mom has had an extra dog at her house! Granny's third dog is a wee little doggy named "Buttons." Buttons's lady had to go in hospital for a spell and so my mom has been keeping Buttons busy.

As you may recall, Granny's dog Ned is dog aggressive, so Ned and Buttons are out in shifts, which works just fine in the short term. I've told my mom, though, that if Buttons's lady has to go into a nursing home that I will take Miss Buttons. Because something tells me that Buzz would like a little sidecar. A teeny tiny sidecar.


4. Buzz and the rainbow ball. The white ball was only fun for one day. Buzz is back to the rainbow. He doesn't even see the white ball.


5. The fence.
The fence is working! No more fantastic leaps to the outside world.
However, we have now learned that Buzz can scrabble up and over the gate if given sufficient motive.

He only did this once, because his buddy Tessa was on the other side and Buzz loves that Tessa!

6. Buzz's coat. Notice the nice full tail in the above picture? Well, enjoy it while you can because the burrs are starting to come out and Buzz tends to lose a lot of fur when I have to pull those suckers out of his coat.

7. Summer. Ah, it is getting to be in the 80s now, so we have to be extra-careful about not overheating when hiking. This means carrying a lot of water and, ideally, going places where there is a spot for Buzz to swim.

Ideally, NOT the typical Michigan swampland water picture above, but something moving and sweet smelling!

Given the weight and bother of carrying drinking water, I haven't been taking my camera with me as much. Yesterday, Buzz and I met up with Tessa and her people and went for a long hike at a spot with a lake and a creek! I love creeks, good clean spring water running over sand. Buzz loves them too...he splashed around, laid down, rolled over and really enjoyed the heck out of that creek. Tessa was a bit mystified as she hasn't quite learned to love water yet. I bet she'll catch on soon!

Until next time....!

No comments:

-